Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Spotlight on Mr. Record. 2nd Grade

Name: Jeff Record
Position: 2nd Grade Teacher
Birthdate: March 7
Hometown City/State:
Brattleboro, VT
College(s) Attended: 
The University of Vermont for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. My Junior year abroad in Nice France at the Université de Nice. Et oui , je parle français!




Family:
I grew up in Vermont and most of my family still reside there. I come from a very large Canadian French Catholic family :-) 


What I Like Best About HGF:
I like EVERYTHING about HGF: The staff is friendly and inclusive, the students are well mannered and love to learn, and the parents care about the school and have a fantastic PTG! Teaching gives me the opportunity to make a difference in the world. Every child is special and unique. I love teaching because it I not only get to see the children become wiser, but I also get to build connections and trusting relationships that help them grow as individuals. AND...I'm never bored!

 
Favorite Snack: 

Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
Favorite Season:
Summer

Fun Fact:
I love to travel. Different cultures and people fascinate me. I've travelled all over the world to places such as: France, England, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Hawaii....and the list goes on! 


Favorite Quote: 
"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." -Ralph Waldo Emerson 

  
Wish List Items:
*1 presentation stand/easel for holding chart paper. 

*100 GOOD QUALITY pencils 
*A subscription to "Teachers Pay Teachers" for lesson plan ideas and printables. 
*Speakers for my classroom laptop/interactive smartboard 
*Sight Word flash cards 
*2 large stand fans for those 80 degree days and ventilation 
*Rolls of bulletin board paper (blue, yellow, red, green) 
*$20.00 post office gift card to mail our penpal letters to Seattle (Mailed 4 different times) 
*1 box of business sized envelopes for student lunch money that is sent in and not in a labelled envelope 
*12' by 15' area rug for our class