Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Spotlight on Mrs. Chase, 4th Grade Teacher

Name: Melissa Chase  
Position: 4th Grade Teacher  
Birthdate: August 13  
Hometown City/State: Manchester, NH  
College(s) Attended: UNH and New England College
Family:
I currently live in Manchester with my wonderful husband, Rob and our two cats, Riley and Ritz. Riley is really sweet, but a bit of a "scaredy cat." Ritz is also sweet, but very naughty, which only adds to his charm. Ritz also has a heart on his paw. 

 

What I Like Best About HGF:
What I love most about teaching at Highland are the students and staff that I get to work with each and everyday. 

We are individuals and have own own styles, but we all work together toward the common goal of helping children learn and grow! 
Favorite Snack: Anything chocolate!  
Favorite Season: Summer
Fun Fact:
As a child, I loved to collect sand from different beaches. Whenever anyone went on a trip to a beach I hadn't been to, I would ask them if they could fill up a film can of sand for me (unless they were going to Hawaii, as I think it is bad luck to take sand from there). It's a little sad to say, but I think all of the sand is now somewhere in a box in my mother's basement. Sorry Mom! 


I also love to travel and my favorite place in the world is Bermuda!!



 Favorite Quote: 
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why that call it the present. -Unknown 
Also, Carpe Diem!  
Wish List Items:
colored Expo dry erase markers 
30 small pieces of felt (for erasing white dry erase slates) 
2 boxes of gallon size zip lock type storage bags 
Handi- wipes (sanitizing wipes for hands and faces) 
clear sheet protectors tissues